Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters
From: "Edward" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 06:18:06 -0400
Can we move this thread back to a discussion of something?

Personally, I have no problem with continued development of skimmer, RBN, DX
Cluster, et al. Just continue to require such uses in the assisted category.
Such like minded people are competing against each other, just like I am as
a low power operator.

While the results of this development does have an impact on me operating
unassisted, I am open to those changes as long as it continues to increase
overall contest participation for all.  Like any of us who CQ in contests
regularly, I have had my share of positive and negative packet pile-ups.
Unlike some, I do not find them so distasteful as to consider not
contesting, there are other ways to deal with them, and the rate bumps are
nice.

So advance them along and kudos to the people working on this stuff.  Just
respect the largest group of active contesters (based on all submitted
results where there is a choice) who choose NOT to use them for their
contesting experience but have no problems (likely most of us) being spotted
or skimmed or RBN'ed and having you work us.

Ed  N1UR