Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU log checking report

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU log checking report
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 20:26:55 +0000
> No Captain Obvious, I wouldn't.  The contest exchange calls for a CQ zone
> number, which I know to be an integer numeric value from 1 to 40.
>
> If XE1KK sends me a number in that range, it goes in the log.
>
> If he sends "59 Mexico", I will ask him for his zone.  If he doesn't know
> it, I will say "Thanks.  fie-nie Minnesota" and mash <ALT-W>.

ugh...  you just gave xe1kk an NIL in his Mexican Whatever contest.  The
friendlier approach when you don't get the expected report is to tell the
other guy that you need their xxx zone, grid square, country, state, county,
serial number, etc... and if you know what it should be you also tell them
'your exchange for the yyy contest I'm in is zzz, please send zzz to
whomever else you contact in the yyy contest'.  It may take a bit longer but
you may have helped the other guy make more contacts in your contest with
the correct exchange.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net