Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations/ Results/Overspottinganditsimpact

To: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>, "'CQ CONTEST'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations/ Results/Overspottinganditsimpact
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 02:39:54 -0000
Dave, your "logical" solutions fly directly in the fact of the premise which
drives WRTC.

Given the most normalized "level playing field" (equal station/antenna
suite, compact geographic situation to equalize propagation, etc.), WRTC
showcases operator skills and experience.  Who has the best instincts for
band changes, the best balance between running vs mult harvesting?  Who
understands the chinks in propagation charts to best catch a short band
opening to grab some scarce mults, and yes, even who knows the best ways to
provoke a cluster spot?

I love the "equal station/location" idea of leveling the physical tools,
just like race cars have rules governing the "equipment", and thus
highlighting the competitive skills sets.  But the "leveling" should end
there.  The players "on the field" should run unfettered, free to succeed
(or not) without "operating regulations" such as you propose.

I offer again Kurt Vonnegut's classic about "leveling of skills" ---->
http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

73, de Hans, K0HB
--