[CQ-Contest] SS not sending your call - the "where" in N1MM "how to"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS not sending your call - the "where" in N1MM "how to"
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:18:36 +0000 (GMT)
I'm not sure this belongs on CQ-Contest, but since so many folks use N1MM, I
guess so.

First here is the targeted N1MM link for SS:
http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Contest+Setup+Instructions#ARRL_November_Sweepstakes_CW_SSB

Next here is an excerpt from that section.  This is the NEW text after I
contacted the N1MM
Maven on this topic.

4.12. ARRL November Sweepstakes CW / SSB

    Window: Select Log type
        CW
            Log Type: SSCW
            Mode Category: CW
            Sent Exchange: Precedence Year first licensed ARRL/RAC section
Example: B 70 EMA (and in this order!)
                F5 key: !
                F2 key: Right click on the CW message buttons and change F2 to:
# B * 70 EMA.

The KEY is that the " * " was missing in the original text.  It looked like
this:
4.12. ARRL November Sweepstakes CW / SSB

    Window: Select Log type
        CW
            Log Type: SSCW
            Mode Category: CW
            Sent Exchange: Precedence Year first licensed ARRL/RAC section
Example: B 70 EMA (and in this order!)
                F5 key: !
                F2 key: Right click on the CW message buttons and change F2 to:
# B 70 EMA.

The " * " is "your callsign" in N1MM-speak.  Yes, you actually enter just the *
and it will send your call.
That's what I did and it works fine.

One person on this reflector (CQ-Contest) started the sequence with 001, but
N1MM
specifically says to NOT do that....what do I know, this was only my 2nd time
using N1MM
in one week.

Anyhow, if you blindly followed the original instructions (without the " * "),
you ended up
not sending your callsign in the middle of the exchange.

de Doug KR2Q