Re: [CQ-Contest] unIDs

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] unIDs
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:02:10 +0200
2011/11/29 Edward Sawyer <SawyerEd@earthlink.net>:
> Guys, you are all missing the best way to police the offenders.  Work them
> but don't log them.  If they see their UBN rate climbing, they will change
> their practice.  After all, they are trying to win.  And a lower net score
> will not help them win.  So, if you want to make a point, do that.

Gents,

Two Euro cents in this:

1. Most of the people behaving irrationally are absolutely not driving
for a good score.
Some do but I claim most do not.

2. Making a contest QSO and not deliberately not logging the contest
QSO is not right.

Then, if you would look at this from a 'training' point of view:
It does not matter what or who you try to train, you need to give the
training on the spot.

For the pileupper, it is very time consuming to start to educate the pileuppees
For the pileuppees, they just want to get their QSO and some seem to
be on the learning curve, showing varying development. This
development has started in the 1950's for some.
Some have developed more than some others.
And some have started their training way after 1950's.

The good in all this is we all want to have our QSOs as fast, easy and
accurate as possible.

The next-to-bottom line question is are we achieving anything?
As the QSO, multiplier and score records were -again- broken, my view
is we are achieving!

The bottom line question is are we striving for the better?
As this debate draws so much attention, I can boldly state we are improving!

But where the improvement happens?
If not the behaviors, at least the scores will continue improving.

73,
Jukka OH6LI