Re: [CQ-Contest] 2012 WPX SSB - category question

To: "'gp'" <n6yg@hotmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2012 WPX SSB - category question
From: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 07:06:45 -0500
If you look at a cluster at all during the contest, by definition you're
assisted.

Confirming callsigns using such methods even after the contest is considered
cheating as well, so just log what you copy and submit your log as you have
recorded it.

If you think you logged a callsign wrong, ask the other station to repeat it
so you can copy it correctly. In many cases, you can just listen to him call
a couple of more CQs and work a couple of other stations to get it right.

73,

Bob W5OV