Re: [CQ-Contest] Contester's Eyglasses

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contester's Eyglasses
From: "Bob, W3IDT" <w3idt@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:58:05 -0400
Extending the discussion of eyeglasses...

My eyesight is bad enough that one pair of progressive lenses would leave only a very narrow slit focused on any one distance (bi- or tri- focals would of course also leave serious nulls at many distances).

Solution: 2 separate sets of progressive lenses; one for "nearby", the other for "distance". Over the recent decades I've now had, I think, four sets of such progressive pairs. With some sets the corrections are such that the "nearby" pair are my "normal" glasses, the others are essentially my driving glasses. At other times, the "distance" ones are my normal glasses, and the "nearby" ones used for computer / contesting / reading.

Bob, w3idt

. Robert F. Teitel, W3IDT   .
. W3IDT@arrl.net            .
. W3IDT@comcast.net         .