[CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is the wpx a prefix test or dx contest?
From: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:51:15 -0400
Why this is a big deal??  Comparing a M/S score to a M/M score is like
comparing apples to oranges.  It’s ridiculous to consider giving 3 points for
domestic QSO’s in this contest. I live in GA – probably 75 miles from NQ4I and
we would have a HUGE advantage vs. the East Coast on 20 and 40 meters because
of our skip zone to the highly populated USA call areas. Be thankful that the
rules were changed to give points for W/K QSO’s to make the contest more fun or
the difference in scores would be even greater. It used to be ZERO points. Plus
NQ4I has won M/M several times so I don’t understand why he has a beef against
the rules.

Maybe give some credit to Krassy and his team for a great score. K1LZ has
consistently put in some great scores in M/S that have beat some of the top
contenders in M2X in several contests.

Jeff KU8E