Re: [CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to be sure you have 60+ minutes off time
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:27:36 -0600
There's no "new math" involved here. It's simply that the Cabrillo standard only specifies QSO times down to a 1 minute resolution. Look at any of you Cabrillo logs and you will see that. In addition, all of the logging programs truncate the seconds from time stamp, writing "0100" in the Cabrillo log for a QSO that was completed at 01:00:59. Therefore if QSO's show in the Cabrillo log as:

then there could be as little as 59 minutes and 1 second between those QSO's. That is not a 60 minutes time off.

73,
Steve, N2IC