Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 19:13:28 -0500 (EST)
Martin;

You are right.  We looked primarily at the affect on the North America
scores in ARRL DX because, of course, the world works North  American in that
event.   I could see where those who participate  in CQWW could look at
distance based scoring differntly.  Having said  that, there was nearly
unanimous
sentiment against the change for ARRL DX  at the time.

As for the logging software, you are right that this could be handled
without changing the contest exchange by adding the grid square to the
Cabrillo.  However, my assumption is that most contesters like to see their
score
in real time during the contest.  I was thinking that adding a table  of
distances between the zones (perhaps between the zone's  midpoints) to the
logging programs would allow the logging software to  continue to compute the
score in real time.  Admittingly, this would not be  as accurate as grid
squares.

73,

AL, K0AD

In a message dated 11/29/2013 11:29:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,