Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?

To: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?
From: Diego Dimunzio <ddimunzio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:48:26 -0200
Hello All,
Here my five cents about this topic, based on CQWW CW claimed scores, you
can take any other contest and do the same analysis, have a quick look to
the claimed scores.
Let's take for instance the following category, it's clear that these four
stations at the top of the list have in common the geographic location
  *SOAB HP*

 P4ØF(R5GA)

 HD2T(VE3DZ)

 V47T(N2NT)

 9Y4/VE3EY

What about low bands?, what are the chances for an station which is located
in an extreme of the world of winning?

SOSB(A)/80 HP  OM2KI  DR1D(PY2SEX)  DM7C(DL7CX)  S57DX  YU7U  RW9DX  UX3IO
the geographical position of each station has an evident influence on the
result, I am sure that there is not a rule which will make everyone happy,
but i humbly think that if the spirit of the CQWW is to be a world wide
contest this is something that should be taken into account, maybe a good
exercise would be to take historical data and do a deeper analysis.

Best
Diego - LW5HR

Diego Andres Dimunzio