Re: [CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 13:05:39 -0500
Contests were never money makers for any magazine. The difference is the cost
of the contest was easily covered by other revenues, including subscription
revenue, which dictated advertising revenue: the more subscribers, the more you
could obtain for advertising.

That formula holds in reverse: the fewer readers, then you have fewer
advertisers each willing to pay less.

As revenue falls, something has to give.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad