Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting uniques

To: VE5ZX <ve5zx@hotmail.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting uniques
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 22:07:46 -0300
> What about those who Take an unfair advantage using DX clusters and not
submitting their logs as "Assisted"? That results in the vast majority of
the CQWW CC having to devote countless hours to find and prove their
procedures, and despite that, there are cheating cases that cannot be
identified as such over a long period of time (TO7A Op. UT5UGR)
> Those hours could be better spent in more possitive activities like
promotting contesting, or finding a cure for other unsportman like
activities if rules could be adapted to reality insted of generating a
distinction of clases based on something that's really hard to prove.
> Please try to think in terms of what's best for the majority and not in
terms of  personal likes and dislikes.
> 73,
> Martin LU5DX
>
> El sep 4, 2015 21:48, "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com> escribió:
>>
>> WOW - I second the contents of Jim's posting in particular the comments
about SO and SOA.

>> It is time to accept that SOA will be here for a very long time.
>>
>> Let's get on with acknowledging it as commonly used contesting tool and
honor those participates that choose be SOA as well as those that are SO

>> Syl - VE5ZX
>>

>> On 04/09/2015 1:04 PM, JIM NEIGER wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe that uniques should count, and have witnessed over the
decades - very much depending upon from where I'm operating - the rarer,
the more real uniques.  QUESTION: SU1AH needed me for a new DXCC when I was
at D44BC in the late '80's.  Do I not count this double multiplier because
Ahmad worked only me??

>>> Fundamentally more troubling to me is that AGAIN the Committee seems to
be on a quest to combine Single Operator with Single Operator/Assisted.  I
thought the survey it conducted a couple years ago answered that??
Assisted is with us forever.  Fondly and encourage its use,  and manage it
appropriately.    Just categorize all assisted as MULTI-OPERATOR, which it
truly is............

>>> QUESTION:  Will the Committee Leadership continue to conduct this
survey until it gets the answer it wants??  If that's reality, that's
fine.  Just share with us all that it's the Committee's goal.  Thank you.