Re: [CQ-Contest] High Rate Dual Radio CQing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] High Rate Dual Radio CQing
From: Tom Francis <w1tef@swsports.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 11:02:25 -0500

On 12/8/2015 7:46 PM, Stephen Bloom wrote:
As for category shopping ...either decide it's cool or it isn't.  If it is,
arguing about the limts of it is pointless.  Human nature being what it is
..especially when given to competitive engineering types is going to be to
always push the limits..it's what we do
Hammer. Nail. Done.

Perfect answer.

To me, it's pretty simple - everybody wants the rules to be specialized for them. Sort of like tailoring an RFP to a certain set of criteria that you know only one company
can adhere to.

It's my opinion that if this is a major, life defining crisis issue for you, you need help. It's supposed to be fun folks. The contest sponsors know what they are doing - Randy and his crew should be nominated for sainthood for doing what they do in the face of constant critiquing of rules, categories, cheating - whatever. If they see something that they believe
needs fixing, they'll fix it. If not, then not.

For my part - I'm going to keep on keeping on doing my Luddite thing and having
fun.  Life is too short to be arguing about radio contesting.

Tom, W1TEF/4