Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Madness

To: k4zw@verizon.net, Ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Madness
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 21:03:01 -0400
If Columbus had listened to all the skeptics we wouldn't even have CQWW, would
we.

Allowing US stations to work other US stations, in addition to increasing the
pool of multipliers, creates additional incentives that beyond a doubt will
lead to more QSOs, higher scores, and (more importantly) more fun for hams in
disadvantaged locations.  There is no speculation here.

It is true that we don't know if this change will level the field.  We can
argue that now JA stations will work extra hard to work East Coast and South
stations, while the EU will similarly work harder to reach beyond the East
Coast. It is possible that scores will go up, but the winning locations will
remain the same.

More QSOs and more Mults is likely to yield more fun and enjoyment for the
participants. Isn't this the ultimate goal?

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.