Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?
From: Mark n2qt <n2qt.va@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:22:06 -0400
I agree that the station capabilities impacts this. My belief is the guys with
better stations
tend to enter the unassisted. Those of us (like me) without stacks, no antennas
up over
60 feet will enter assisted just to avoid dying of boredom.  Calling CQ with
rates of 20/hr
just isn't fun. Even if I can't work all the spotted stations at least I get to
try.

Entering assisted keeps me busy and with the separate category I may even have
a chance
to 'do well'.

Mark. N2QT