Re: [CQ-Contest] Online Scoreboards

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online Scoreboards
From: Victor Androsov <victor.androsov@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:25:36 -0400
Hi guys,

We've got the poll first results: https://contestonlinescore.com/poll.png

Should a contest scoreboard provide a band breakdown info?

- Never: 14 votes (17%)
- Only if operator is not in the non-assisted category: 8 votes (10%)
- Always. So that's a personal choice of an operator: 40 votes (48%)
- Always, but should be disabled for all contests not allowing that for a
single operator: 22 votes (28%)

Total votes: 84

Since the number of voters who wish  to limit breakdown info somehow more
than 50% we decided to do a first step by disabling breakdown info for
contests not allowing that feature to single ops: NAQP and CQ WW. So no one
could see this info and that would not be a chance for cheating. I have few
private conversations with few contest guys and they told about concern not
to go with online score board casing them to be qualified as assisted. So
no concerns anymore )))

Other news:

This week we are ready for the following contest:

Phone Fray
CW-Ops CWT
NCCC CW Sprint
NCCC RTTY Sprint
NAQP CW
10-10 International Summer Contest
European HF Championship
SARL DX SSB

Please give a chance to yourself to enjoy online score competition!
Contesting could give you much more passion and emotions you've never
experienced before )) Take a look at the board during regular
mini-contests. What we see is a constant users number growing during CW-Ops
CWT and NCCC Spints.

73!

Victor

VA2WA / VA2WDQ