Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M FT4 Frequency

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M FT4 Frequency
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 10:42:21 -0500
What does 7.040 RTTY/Data DX mean? Is this a single channel? FWIW I have made a number of DX RTTY QSOs slightly above 7.040, perhaps even on the new 7.0475 FT4 frequency. That segment of 40m is quite busy in RTTY, CW and even SSB contests.

John KK9A

Michael Ritz w7vo wrote:

The ARRL Bandplan on the website shows:

7.040   RTTY/Data DX
7.080-7.125     RTTY/Data

I don't know where the 7047 kHz frequency came from, but that choice kind of surprised me when I first loaded FT8/FT4 onto one of my station computers a couple of weeks ago. The FT8 frequencies are hard coded into the software, but there are no pre-loaded frequencies for FT4. I had to research on-line to figure out where they were.

The FCC limits for data are 7000 to 7125 kHz, (for Extras, and of course it varies by class). Exactly what do you want the Board to do here, come up with a recommended special ARRL bandplan for FT8/FT4?

73;
Mike Ritz, W7VO
Director, NW Division

----- End forwarded message -----