CT-User

[ct-user] [Fwd: DVP Problem]

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] [Fwd: DVP Problem]
From: John V. Evans" <jvevans@his.com (John V. Evans)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:18 +0000
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 01:38:14 +0000
From: "John V. Evans" <jvevans@his.com>
To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: DVP Problem

I installed a K1EA Digital voice processor board last weekend. The voice
record an platback seems OK. However, there is a problem with the
receive audio. It works OK if I plug the audio jack into the receiver
(FT1000), but I normaly listen to the output of a digital signal
processor (Time Wave DSP 59Y) mounted in the SP-5 speaker case. When I
plug into this the audio gradually fades away, and is replaced by a loud
howl. This occurs whether or not the computer is turned on. It would
appear that the long cables are affecting the DSP some way. The light
showing the level of the input continues to flicker unchanged, even
after the howl has developed, indicating that the input has not been
affected, ie., it does not appear to be a feedback problem in the normal
sense. Anyone encountered anything similar? Any suggestions? John N3HBX.