CT-User

[ct-user] Keying from High IRQ COM Port?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Keying from High IRQ COM Port?
From: Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph@dxis.monroe.pa.us> (Bob Schreibmaier)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:01:14 -0500
I have an old MS-DOS 6.22 PC I use for contesting.  The
COM1 and COM2 ports are taken up by packet and RTTY, by
programs that don't seem to be able to deal with nonstandard
IRQs.  I have a COM3 port set to IRQ 9 and COM4 set to
IRQ 10.  Using comtsr4, the PC talks to the radio with
no problems.  However,

I would like to be able to key the radio from COM3.  Is
this possible?  If so, how does one set it up?

TIA.

73,
Bob

--