Re: [Karlnet] Answers to Questions about UBICOM devices

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Answers to Questions about UBICOM devices
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 15:21:26 -0500
"Ship back in?"

That doesn't sound like a good idea.  I know I've made an "oops" several
times and had to reset a radio and reload it.  I think that whole "software
create additional costs for the product.  There has got to be a different
way to do this.

It sounds to me like the radio is really only setup to do one thing: Bridge
5 MAC's.

Sell the device w/ software and call it a package.   Licensing goes out the
door because it was sold as a complete unit.  That is what it seems you are
trying to do with the WPAP stuff.

While this sounds like a good idea to me, I am imagining that your
"exposure" is in applying the standard code to other UBICOM devices.  Is
this the case?

I am just not sure if I can say this any "nicer" but we really need a
inexpensive CPE.  I am missing out on so many installs because folks think
$250 is to much for an install.  They don't realize that we are already
eating at least $150 of the cost of their gear.  Kevin, I really think it is
critical for Karlnet to get this cheaper CPE out as soon as possible.

Just my $.02

-Bob