[Karlnet] Karlnet ubicom CPE access points

Subject: [Karlnet] Karlnet ubicom CPE access points
From: "Robert Farrar" <robert@secnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:30:41 +0930
We have a bit of a problem & would like to ask a question to the list to see
if we can sort this out.

We are using both a mix of soho 1 & 5, ndis clients & ubicom CPE and all are
just bridging to AP-1000 ispbase stations now the problem we now have since
the ubicom's have been added to the network is that the channel & network ID
must be the set to the same (before we just had network ID set to 0) on the
base stations so that the ubicom's can talk to them thats fine so we now
must change all the soho & ndis clients to match as well.

The problem is that now if a client is running windows 98, xp etc they are
able to see each others network by browsing with Network Neighborhood, now
its easy to fix by stop sharing your drive, but what if its a business and
they need the drive shared over there internal network ?

Any ideas at all ?

Regards,

Robert Farrar