Re: [Karlnet] Getting Back In

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Getting Back In
From: jna <jna@tcpbbs.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:15:44 -0500

> Your descriptions are very difficult to follow.
>
> I think I understand it as your KN-200 doesn't have any IP's assigned to
the
> wireless interfaces... this doesn't matter.  Connect to it on either
> wireless end with an RG in bridging mode - yes, you may need to use a
> crossover cable.  If you can't figure out how to get a physical Ethernet
> link you shouldn't be working with ANY of this equipment.

No, Its not that I do not know HOW to get to the Ethernet port of the KN-200
it is I do not have PHYSICAL access to any of it at this time. Other wise I
would have just plugged into it via a cross over along time ago and been
done with it. The problem is I again do not have physical access to do this
at this time and only have the remote links attached to it. unfortunately
the only unit I can not get to 24/7 yet is the one that is messed up and
that is the kn-200.

I figured since the rg connected to it (kn-200) was connected to the same
switch the ap1000 is connected to that I could see if via my home wireless
link. I will check using a cross over to that rg see if I can see the kn.

> Link up to the KN-200 with the RG and hit scan - you'll see that AP in
your
> list.  If it has an IP of 10.something you'll need to change the IP on
your
> laptop to 10.something-in-the-same-subnet.  If it's 12.something, same
goes.
> --
>
> I understand what you're doing with the routing now.  Setup the RG on the
> datacenter as a bridge.  Make the KN-200 a router

Got get into it first :)

Thanks,
John