[Karlnet] Transperent Bridge configuration

Subject: [Karlnet] Transperent Bridge configuration
From: Aaron Siegel <aj@siegel-tech.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:23:32 -0700
Hello

I am in the process of upgrading  a clients network to allow for remote
access and would appreciate some advice. The current network uses a
Orinoco BG-2000 located in the main office to provides a point-to-multi
point connections to two LAN networks located in separate branch offices
and roaming clients. The offices are connected using RG-1000 with
SE-4505 setup as NAT.  I would like to add a VPN router to one of the
LAN and reconfigure the RG-1000 as transparent bridge from the main
house to the office's new VPN router.

I have tried to configure the the bridge but have not been able to get
this to work.  It has been a couple years since I have worked with this
equipment. If I remember correctly a transparent bridge can only work
between two Karlnet devices. Can someone suggest a device that could
replace the BG-2000 that will allow transparent bridge? Or a device that
will function as a transparent bridge? In this case I would replace the
BG-2000 with a RG-1000 with SE-4505. There will be less than 10 computer
on the network at one time.

Thank you

Thank you
Aaron