Re: [Orion] Orion - how with ALC?

To: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion - how with ALC?
From: Milan Gütter, OK1FM <ok1fm@ges.cz>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:18:39 +0100
Carl,

Thank You are right. If using an tube PA, why not.

But this is not sufficient for solid state PA.
It will be hazardous to drive PA with full power
when SWR or any other protection needs to reduce power.

Yaesu Quadra has 8 x MRF150 transistors.
http://www.qsl.net/ab4oj/quadra/quadra.html
And they are not too cheap!

ALC input is necessary. But how to do this with ORION?

73 Milan, OK1FM
www.ok1fm.com