RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Services bullcrap smell test :)

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Services bullcrap smell test :)
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:29:38 -0500
my data
is in conflict with solid science and the experience of other good scientists,
I need to
check your science.

In this case, your science appears to have been one-dimensional. That is, you
ONLY know
about the RF aspects of the system you were trying to measure, but didn't know
enough
about the modulation system or the data transmission methods to know that the
system
was not operating in a "normal" mode. Almost the equivalent of a SSB
transmitter with no
modulation. Yup, I listened and heard no RF!

Such one-dimensionality is not unusual. I work in pro audio, and I regularly
run into very
good broadcast and RF guys who make huge messes of church sound systems. They
get
the system all hooked up and making plenty of sound, but because they know
nothing
about an important dimension of the problem -- acoustics -- the sound they make
is all
mush.

73,

Jim Brown  K9YC