RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI- TVI & YOUR POWER COMPANY

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI- TVI & YOUR POWER COMPANY
From: "John Pelham" <john@radiophile.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:37:55 -0500
I'm glad to hear of your successful experiences with your power company
Bill, but it doesn't always work that way.  I've been both persistent with,
and nice to, my power company RFI troubleshooter for SIX YEARS, and have
gotten essentially nowhere.  New noise sources arise quicker than the old
ones are fixed.

I've got lots of e-mails too; they read similar to your example and have a
very friendly tone both ways.  But, when they come out and look, they
usually find nothing.  If I DF the noise to a particular pole, they usually
find nothing.  If they find something (bad insulator, bad lightening
arrestor, loose hardware...) they tell me they fixed it but the noise
remains.  This has been going on endlessly for years.

I've given up on the nice-guy approach.  I just last month sent a stern
e-mail to my power company CEO.  There has been no response, so just today I
sent a postal letter with proof of delivery.  After that, I will try the
FCC.

73,
John, W1JA