RFI

[RFI] Tv interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Tv interference
From: "Olinger, Steven L" <steven.olinger@mnsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:10:53 -0600
I recently had a new Trane high efficiency furnace installed in my home.
When the burner comes on, channels 2-6 have interference on the screen.
I use an antenna for reception, not cable or satellite.  Trane has been
contacted, but are not sure what the problem is.  I have replaced and
rerouted all the coaxial cable from the antenna to the television sets.
The fan runs all the time at different speeds, but when the furnace
calls for heat the interference starts.  All TV sets in the house
receive the same interference.  Has anyone dealt with this problem or
know of a solution?

Steve Olinger

Electrician Supervisor

Minnesota State University Mankato