RFI

Re: [RFI] 160m-5mhz noise?

To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 160m-5mhz noise?
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 21:39:46 -0500
On 11/5/2009 Paul Christensen wrote:

> Unfortunately, as time moves on, we're going to be forced to live with more
> and more switch-mode technology around us

Just to say that switch mode supplies CAN be made to be as RF quiet as any
linear supply.  Trust me, back in the 80s and early 90s, I worked for a company
that made (among other items) power supplies, both linear and switch mode.
Some of the units were totally RF quiet - I know, I was the poor guy who had to
go out to the lab to do the conducted (aka out the wires) and radiated
emissions and susceptibility testing, and some of them were REAL quiet (amazing
what the military can demand and get when they don't want people to be able to
track the supply by RFI)

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who
approaches that jewel.
 Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
 Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"
-- Patrick Henry