RFI

Re: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:11:43 -0400
On 8/11/2014 Jim Brown wrote:

> On 8/11/2014 11:05 AM, Charlie Gallo wrote:
>> Again,  you're  looking  at  1.17  watts of light, and therefore 12.83
>> watts as heat

> All good analysis, quite sufficient as far as fire hazard is concerned.

Thank You

> But there's another issue -- that 13W of heat has to go somewhere, and
> depending on the enclosure, some or all may stay within the enclosure
> and raises its ambient. That may, or may not, allow sufficient
> conduction of heat away from the circuitry to prevent destructive
> failure of the lamp and/or its circuitry.
Very  true  - BUT My assumption was that if you had an enclosure rated
for  60W  incandescent, AND a LED rated for enclosed fixtures, running
the  "60 watt equivalent" (or for that matter, a '75 watt equivalent')
in  the  fixture  is most likely NOT going to be an issue, in that for
all intents, watts drawn = heat

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)