RFI

Re: [RFI] Low RFI 60w CFL bulb

To: "rfi@contesting.com List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Low RFI 60w CFL bulb
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:28:30 -0800
On 23 Feb 2015 at 11:22, dalej wrote:

> me when I can buy the CFL's so cheaply.  One drawback I found with CFL's is
> using them in the garage during cold wx, like zero degrees or lower they don't
> come up to full brilliance.

Well, even those in our kitchen do not come up to full brilliance immediately,
although they do within 15 minutes or so.

And the one we have as our outside front porch light sometimes takes at
least that long to come up to full brilliance, especially in the winter.

But, so far at least, they have been very reliable and inexpensive.

They also last much longer than even the "double-life" incandescents we had
to replace regularly before we switched to CFLs.

I have one LED bulb in the basement, just outside my hamshack, which has
been left on for the past couple of months, mainly to check both reliability
and RFI.

There has been zero RFI from it, and so far, it seems to be reliable.

Cost is too high at this point though.

Ken W7EKB