RFI

Re: [RFI] Ferrite core and hot glue? - "Q" Dope

To: Leonard Halvorsen via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite core and hot glue? - "Q" Dope
From: "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:27:40 -0700
On 23 Aug 2019 at 10:27, Leonard Halvorsen via RFI wrote:

> Us older guys remember something called Q-DOPE.
> We used it at the Lab to attach all kinds of stuff, not just on coils.
> Can you even GET that stuff anymore?
>
> Leo H.
> WA2AMW

I make my own: A pint of MEK from the local hardware store, and as many
styrofoam cups
as I can crush and allow to dissolve in the MEK, then tightly capped.

A pint jar with 1/2 pint or so of MEK in it will normally take at least 20 ea 8
oz sized cups.

When it takes more than a minute to dissolve the bits, then stop.

If air is kept away from it, it will last a long time.

Applied evenly with a small paint brush to coils of any kind it dries clear and
hard.

Works wonders.

Ken W7EKB