RFI

Re: [RFI] Guidance on finding noise?

To: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Guidance on finding noise?
From: Alan Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:59:15 -0700
Ed ~

#1 -- I'm no tech savvy guy - -

#2 -- But once, while trying to isolate a noise picked up on a 20 meter
beam, I RFI sniffed around another antenna feed line (coax) from a separate
40 meter beam.  I was astounded to see how much hash was present on the 40
meter coax.  I don't know exactly what was generating the hash - or if it
was raising the 20 meter noise floor.

#3 -- But, so I figure why not take all that junk out of the picture - so
you can focus on the one band you are trying to cure.

#4 -- The unused coax could be disconnected in the station or at base of
tower - and then shorted across and to ground.

73, Alan K0AV

~