RFI

Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm

To: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, "chuck.gooden" <chuck.gooden@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm
From: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 03:10:17 +0000 (UTC)
Chuck,

A few years back, the solar farms placed in schools, colleges and businesses
had MASSIVE failures when hit with the snow load here in New Jersey.  They all
got rebuilf, but all required lots of new panels and many new, reinforced
structures.

It was an embarrassing mess for government, the utilities and the site owners,
but the ratepayers/taxpayers PAID.

73,

Gordon, W2TTT

Get Outlook for Android

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:43 PM -0400, "chuck.gooden"
<chuck.gooden@comcast.net> wrote:

Drove by a couple of solar farms on my way to Grand Forks, ND while still in
Minnesota.  I wonder who gets to clear the snow off the panels in the winter.
This can't be effective in Minnesota.

-------- Original message --------From: Kim Elmore  Date: 9/21/20  9:26 PM
(GMT-06:00) To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com Cc: RFI@contesting.com Subject: Re:
[RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm Right now, it’s all still being dug up, a road is being
built, stuff like that. I’ll nose around a bit and see where it’s going to be.
Kim N5OP"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as
the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith> On Sep 21, 2020, at 9:06 PM, Jim Brown
wrote:> > On 9/21/2020 11:30 AM, Bill Steffey NY9H wrote:>> i would say it
depends which manufacturer makes the controllers/inverters......> > Overall
system engineering also matters -- how the cables are run, are they in steel
conduit, if not in conduit are they twisted pair, are the current loops tightly
closed, etc.  Higher voltage, lower current also helps reduce noise and boost
efficiency.> > take a drive by, and hope it's made and>> certified in EU.> >
Years ago I noticed some products made in EU had better EMC characteristics. Is
that still true/> > 73, Jim K9YC> >