RFI

Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 2 MW Solar Farm
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 22:42:36 -0500
Hopefully not as bad as the 2.3 MS Siemens wind turbines in New Zealand. ZL6QH had to abandon a huge antenna farm because of RFI. Their noise floor went up 50 dB on 80, and only a few of the planned turbines were in operation. While not quite the same, solar and wind power systems both use high frequency switching converters capable of generating lots of RFI.

http://www.zl6qh.com/rf-noise-measurements-quartz-hill-2009-v3.pdf

73,
Scott K9MA