[RTTY] UBN Analysis and Log Checking

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN Analysis and Log Checking
From: dk3vn@nexgo.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 12:42:25 +0200
"Vladimir V. Sidorov" wrote:

> Gents,
>

> > Fourth, the results in 2001 CQ/RJ WW were computed and compiled in a fair
> > and consistent manner.  As Ron suggests, this fact is the most important
> > single issue in log-checking.  So long as we are consistent, our
> resolution
> > of issues like the Z. 16/17 question simply makes no difference to the
> > results.  It is inconsistency that may produce unfair results.  No
> > placements would be changed if UA9S/UA9W were allowed in zone 17.
> >

> Don't you think, there is something strange?
>
> 1. I pick up my UBN report. 1Q with RX9SR and 2Qs with RW9OWD are removed.
> Bad zones. Fine. Supposingly there should be the same for all contest
> entrants who worked RX9SR and RW9OWD and logged the Zone .
>
> 2. There come results of the Contest.
> SO AB HP:   #19 RX9SR
> MO ST HP:   #17 RW9OWD
>
> Huh???
> It looks like, rather substantial part of their contacts were still
> confirmed, since they managed to get to quite high places in the contest.
> How come?
> Or they still got credit for their Qs regardless the fact that these Qs are
> removed from logs of others???
> And it does not affect placements of participants?
>
> I loose the track completely.
>
> 73,
> "Walt", EU1SA

Walt,

please forget RW9OWD! RW9OWD is CQ-Zone 18. RW9OWD sent 18,
I have logged 18 and I got credit for this QSO.

But let's take a look on this: In the contest RX9SR sent CQ-Zone 17
instead of 16. According to CQ's "Worked All Zones Award Rules" we
did not get credit for the QSO's with RX9SR. Because we can see RX9SR
in the CQ result list, RX9SR must have sent his log to the contest
manager, right? The real interesting question is: Did RX9SR get
credit for this QSO's and if so, why?

What I have learned out of this story: For the next contest with the
CQ-Zone in the exchange (i.e. ANARTS) I'll send a message, like this:

  RX9SR ACCORDING TO CQ WORKED ALL ZONES AWARD RULES
  YOUR CQ ZONE IS 16 AND NOT 17! LOGGING 16 QSL? DK3VN

If the station (i.e. RX9SR) is responding with "QSL", then
everything is fine for me, right?  ~:)

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de