[RTTY] new rig

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] new rig
From: KS0M@KTIS.Net (Dick White)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:16:58 -0500
It looks like I will miss the SARTG contest this month as I will not have a
workable radio. I am considering a new radio and would appreciate comments
on what to buy.  Cost is a factor and should be under $2K.   I want to be
able to do good CW and RTTY,  chasing Dx,  contesting and some rag chewing.
Excessive bells and whistles are not important to me.

The Yaesu FT-920 looks intresting.  I would appreciate comments from someone
that is or has used one.  Filtering is important; how good is the CW TX/RX
and how well does the auto tuner work ?   Besides the basic radio, what else
is needed for this rig?  Will it work with my Ameritron ALS-600 amp.?

Thanks to all. I will try to get my IC-735 working in RTTY. But, without
decent filters, it is impossable to work a contest with it.

73....Dick  -  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White           ks0m@ktis.net
Fulton, MO. 65251-2215

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M    (ex WB0WLX  -  KC0MY)
ARRL DXCC Honor Roll / CW  -  5BDXCC #3295 / CW
Life Member,  American Radio Relay  League