[CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] Fun with ADIF

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] Fun with ADIF
From: k4sb at earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Thu May 8 16:02:23 2003
Bill Turner wrote:
> That method will work IF you are sure there are no instances of
> <QTH:2> which are NOT states.  I'm thinking there could be some
> <QTH:2>JA or similar.  I didn't do this with my entire log because I
> have about 41,000 entries and I'd have to look at each one
> individually.

Still a relatively simple solution. All that is needed is a data file
for all 50 States.
Such as "AZAKAL.............." Might have to re arrange the listing to
make sure no valid DX prefix exists or just check 2 letters at a time.

Then a simple program which compares ( for instance in Bill's
illustration ) the "JA"
to the list of State abbreviations. Even more simple if you include a
filter to check
the "2" in the field. If it's anything else, it's a country.

73
Ed