RE: [RTTY] More on NAQP Spotting

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>, rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] More on NAQP Spotting
From: s-roabr <s-roabr@online.no>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:56:10 +0200
Well I never practice selfspotting either :)

But we hams can read the text into different ways and then after we are doing
different practice about this item.

if you have linux and use DX summit DX cluster's Whois site and if u have tool
in linux to track each IP adress you can have a quite a lot of fun during
contest.

Coz many different calls comes from one IP adress.

That means that one ham in a contest picks calls he hear or "imagine" to spott
him self with.

So people are quite smart to maybe get some extra points and mults...

so then , have them fooled them self or the others into the contest??
So this term of spotting, is used of many to be a selfspotting tool.
and we in World Wide Young Contester, have been tracking IP's and sent email
to the operator of this IP :) hehe

WWYC; policy; we makes joke of them which try to hide behind a fake spott!

I run assisted if I am avaible to do that, and that is ok for me.
but oftenly I dont have time to check the cluster at all.

73s Rag

See You in NAQP :)

I hope to get nice run. will be SO2R as LA6FJA 80 40 20 15 .10m if open.