RE: [RTTY] More on NAQP Spotting

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] More on NAQP Spotting
From: Schulz Jonathan <jonathan.schulz@siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:29:34 -0500
> John Fleming [mailto:john@wa9als.com] wrote:

>And I've heard of self-spotters being caught and disqualified.  I always
>wondered how that happens - This must be one way - cool!  I've been
learning
>Linux this past year - maybe I will track the spots for fun sometime!  ;-)
>73 - John, WA9ALS

Who have you heard that was disqualified for self spotting? I've followed
the self spotting threads over the last ~4 years and have never heard of
anyone being disqualified. K1TTT has done a marvelous job of pointing out
potential abusers on the CQ-Contest reflector (
http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest )after most big
contests but I've never heard/seen anyone getting "busted" for it.

IMHO Single ops can (and should) never use any assistance from any source
other than tuning the bands all by themselves. But then again I live in my
own Utopian world most of the time...

73
Jon
K9JS