[RTTY] Re: RTTY power levels

To: "Jim Martin - MM0BQI" <MM0BQI@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: RTTY power levels
From: it9blb@infcom.it
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:32:26 GMT
Jim Martin - MM0BQI scrive:

I am running an FT1000MP Mk5 at 40w output during rtty contests and the fan
runs almost constantly and it gets hot. My understanding of the MP manual is
that I can run it at 100w out for long periods but I am not too keen to do
his! The second radio, IC7400 runs much cooler at 40w.
I see from lots of posts that operators are running 100w output from
standard rigs with great success and no damage, some guidance on this would
be appreciated!
Thanks
Jim  MM0BQI

Hi Jim,
I'm a very active all modes contester; I use a "only contest dedicated" FT1000-MP(not MK5) since 7 years. In RTTY, I always run the RTX at a 80w
out level and, crossing my fingers, I never had any baking problem.
Just my two cents.

73s,
Joe, IT9BLB