[RTTY] Pet Peeve # 2

To: jpixton@shentel.net, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Pet Peeve # 2
From: W0YR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:38:47 EDT
Jerry,

I've experienced the same thing -- answering CQers and they disappear.  I
think it's due either to QSB or someone we can't hear who's moved in near to
the
frequency or who is tuning up on or close to the CQer's frequency.  Or...they
might have gone QPP -- if u know what I mean -- and just left 'er on repeat.

MY pet peeve is people who answer a CQ with their own call AND a contest
exchange.   It is stupid, does NOT save time and only adds to the QRM.

Maybe I've missed it.  Is there some RTTY operating guide that suggests to
people that it's "cool" to answer a CQ with your call AND an exchange?

End of Pet Peeve Rant.

W0YR/4