Re: [RTTY] Pet Peeve # 2

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Pet Peeve # 2
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:43:38 -0400
<W0YR@aol.com> wrote: "Maybe I've missed it.  Is there some RTTY operating
guide"

Once upon a time, in a land far away, such a "guide" was posted! In
collaboration with several others, I wrote a "RTTY tutorial", that
"suggests" the "correct" way of making participation in RTTY contests more
efficient. I still have the file, if anyone would care to "proofread" it,
and get it posted to a "dedicated" RTTY site?
I worked "too many to count", never worked before on RTTY, DX stations, and
26 US stations, this past weekend. I have a "welcome to RTTY contesting"
note, that I send to each, if their email address is available.
Regardless, I still subscribe to "call me, send you exchange whenever you
care to, however you care to", just call me, and I'll figure it out.
There are far too many "uncontrollable" situations, for me to set goals for
any particular contest, other than to better last years score. My wife
constantly reminds me, "you can do better than last year", and that, along
with some favorable band conditions, and participation, is what "kept me in
the chair", this weekend!
Thanks to all for the Q's, and to those that I couldn't print, I apologize!

JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW