[RTTY] 17" flat panel prices

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 17" flat panel prices
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:11:53 -0600 (CST)
This is a little OT, but I know that *all* of you are looking at a screen
right now and do so to run RTTY (unless there are any green-key types out
there!).

Microcenter, a small chain of computer stores (with 2 Chicagoland stores
and about a dozen elsewhere) has a BENQ LCD panel on sale for $219 after
rebates!

It's 17" and does 1280x1024, the latter being what I've been looking for.
Model Q7T3, Product Name T701 (the former being on the shipping carton,
the latter being silk-screen on the handsome black enclosure).  W98SE
found it right away and the driver was easily installed.  No noise on the
bands that I have found so far.

I still plan to use the 11-year-old MAG MX15F as a second display so that
I can open more N1MM Logger windows.

Peter

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9