Re: [RTTY] 17" flat panel prices

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 17" flat panel prices
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:13:14 -0800

On Nov 5, 2004, at 11:46 AM, Peter Laws wrote:
I don't know if the mount on these is VESA-compliant - it wasn't a
determinant for me.  Is there a website that describes the VESA mounts?

VESA is an industry standard and lots of manufacturers sell the arms -- both desk mounted arms and wall mounted arms. Do a Google for keywords like "VESA, arm, articulated," and you should end up with a lot of relevant hits, Peter.

The existence of the holes (smack in the center of the back of the display) also makes it easy for you to fashion your own mounting instead of buying them. I made the mounting for my current display so that bottom edge of the display is flush with the top of my 1000MP when the display is placed on top of the rig -- with the legs that came with the display, I would have to look upwards to read the display when it is placed on top of the rig.

73
Chen, W7AY