Re: [RTTY] 17" flat panel prices

To: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 17" flat panel prices
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:25:30 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Kok Chen wrote:

-> On Nov 5, 2004, at 11:46 AM, Peter Laws wrote:
-> > I don't know if the mount on these is VESA-compliant - it wasn't a
-> > determinant for me.  Is there a website that describes the VESA mounts?
->
-> VESA is an industry standard and lots of manufacturers sell the arms --
-> both desk mounted arms and wall mounted arms.  Do a Google for keywords
-> like "VESA, arm, articulated," and you should end up with a lot of
-> relevant hits, Peter.

I woulda got there eventually.  Here's what www.lcdmonitorarm.com says
(no, I didn't make up the URL!!):

"What is VESA standard?

"VESA stands for the Video Electronic Standards Association.  This
association has set many standards in the industry which most manufactures
have adopted.  One of those standards is a mounting hole pattern on the
back of the LCD panel.  If your monitor is VESA standard it will have a
mounting hole pattern in the shape of a square that measures 75x75mm
(3"x3") or 100x100mm (4"x4")."

I'll look when I get home ...

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9