Re: [RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops

To: <g.m.mcadams@comcast.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Interference to Hurricane Rita Ops
From: "John Fleming" <john@wa9als.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:42:41 -0500
> BTW, I did not CC this fellow, as it would be a waste of time trying to
> convince him to see a wider view of the world.

Actually, it would have been courteous to CC him since he's not on the
reflector and you are disparaging him and his organizations publicly.

Gary, are you saying that your view that one portion of a RTTY contest has
priority over established emergency communications nets represents a "wider
view of the world"?

> 4. They have forgotten that our FCC will have little or no influence on an
> international contest.

I would think that our FCC could have considerable effect on US stations
interfering with emergency communications.

I agree that the emergency operators should have a backup plan for QRM
conditions due to WX etc, but it's sad to think they need a backup plan for
QRM due to some hams who think their fun should have priority over emergency
operations.

Not to minimize his damages in any way, Don was very fortunate.  Gary, I
suspect you would feel differently if the emergency nets were trying to help
YOU.  Apparently it's all about us these days.

73 - John, WA9ALS