[RTTY] QSL'ing

To: "RTTY" <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] QSL'ing
From: "Tom Moore" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 06:22:50 -0600
Hey folks, we need to remind new hams, especially new RTTY'ers of the
coutesy and tradition of QSL'ing.

In the last two weeks, I've received a dozen or so QSL's in the mail direct
from apparently new stateside HAMs or new RTTY'ers for contacts during the
ARRL RU.  The problem is that they are asking for return QSL's but did not
send SASE's. Out of 18 cards received, only 3 had SASE's. Some pleaded that
they needed my state for RTTY WAS. I don't think I've ever received a direct
card from a DXCC station that did not include an SASE and I've always sent
SASE's for QSL's that I needed, DX and stateside.  That's the way it was
taught to me many years ago - that it's simple courtesy and a tradition to
do so.

So please, don't put the burden of cost of QSL'ing your QSO on the other
guy, send SASE's if you really want or need a QSL.

73,

Tom WX4TM