Re: [RTTY] Tips for contesting...

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Tips for contesting...
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:18:53 -0600
That was (is) very good advice from another seasoned RTTY contester!

Let me add to it by saying it can be very intimidating to listen to the wall of
RF in the 20m RTTY section during a contest. That doesn't mean you need to
wedge your way in there and try to make contacts using 100 watts and a dipole
in the basement. :-)

Move up the band! Above 14.100, 21.100, or 28.100 you will find nice, open,
clear areas to operate. And Don will find you there, no problem! Heck, I'll
find you there too!

I suggest avoiding exactly 14.100 where the world wide beacon system is
running, but anything higher is fair game.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 5