Re: [RTTY] BARTG Exchange?

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] BARTG Exchange?
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:11:25 -0500
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Stephen J Carroll <scarroll@mchsi.com> wrote:

>  I'm just hardcore for RULES... by withholding the RST, that creates an
>  unfair advantage in favor of that station (shorter exchange).
>
>  Maybe I just need to get off my soapbox, huh?

No, not at all.

We all know that it's going to be "599" and, in fact, most logging
software will add that whether it was received or not, but it's still
a rule.

Since it's meaningless when transmitted, I'd rather see sponsors add
another piece of info.  The BARTG spring already requires UTC, which
is cool, so why not substitute another bit of info for RST?  Or just
drop it.

But you're right, the rules say to send RST so you have to send RST.

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government
strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and
a people strong enough and well enough informed to
maintain its sovereign control over its government." - FDR